Position: Level 1 Service Desk Support Engineer
Network Engineer Job Purpose:
Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems. Experience and knowledge of ITIL Standards, HIPAA Security Compliance. Experience in the Healthcare industry.
Network Engineer Job Duties:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Network Engineer Job Purpose: Establishes and maintains network performance by building net configurations and connections; troubleshooting network problems.
- Experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC) working with technical staff on the following end user services:
- Installing new software
- Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer work stations etc.)
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet
- Installing anti-virus protection
- Fixing network faults
- Technical support for people using the network
- Training staff on new systems
- Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
- Planning future improvements
- Suggesting IT solutions to business problems
- Making sure all IT meets industry standards
- Supervising helpdesk staff
Tracking Budget Expenses, Project Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management
Send your resumé to